River Clean Up 2021
We would love your volunteer help at the 15th Annual MEF River Clean Up! Fun for the whole family and a free boat ride! NOTE: this is on Saturday, September 25th - the week AFTER MEF, not the morning of!
Planning partners include: The Three Rivers Project of the Sierra Club and the National Great Rivers and Research Center.
We are joining up with the National Public Lands Day activities and will have a river-based clean up component. This registration site is only for those wanting to get in the boats and clean an island or shore.
1. Arrival Locations: CHANGE: We will board boats at the Lincoln Shields Rec. Area.
2. T-shirt designs: the MEF inspired shirts are awesome!
3. Insurance waivers will need to be signed to get on the boats.
Please be prepared:
We will meet at the parking lot upstream from the Clark Bridge, on the Missouri side. There will be blue signs leading you there. Directions are below.
We will bring: T-shirts, lunch, gloves, & bags
Minors only allowed with parent/guardian and with fitting life vest...we'll have a few, but there aren't many youth sizes. Please make sure to shoot an e-mail to [email protected] if you need a youth life vest - thanks!
T-shirts: Please let us know your size and we'll do everything we can to get you the correct one.
Just a few reminders:
- Wear long pants & closed toe shoes you can get muddy. You will get muddy!
- Sunglasses, a hat, and sunscreen are advised!
- If you have a favorite crowbar or other trash-freeing implement, please bring it along!
- Bring your own water bottle and coffee cup if you can: we'll have coffee and bagels in the morning!
- Please arrive between 8:30 and 9:00 to register and get outfitted with fitting personal flotation devices (life jackets).
- Lunch details: We'll purchase a variety of lunch items from local restaurants.
We couldn't do this important conservation work without the incredible help from you, the Beasley Fish Brothers, the Audubon Center at Riverlands, National Public Lands Day, the Army Corps of Engineers, and National Great Rivers and Research Center!
Directions: From Alton, cross the Clark Bridge and take the first right when you hit Missouri land and follow it into the big parking lot- if you miss this entrance, then take the first left towards the gas station, then take a left on the service road, take the left under the bridge and into the parking lot.
Thanks for your commitment!
Three Rivers Project Co-Coordinator
Piasa Palisades Group of the Sierra Club
Riverbender Community Center
112 Front Street
PO Box 702
Alton IL, 62002-6180
|| Christine Favilla