We are excited to see your audition for the Glenbrook South Variety Show 2019: ILLUMINATE! All auditions will be held in the Auditorium.
This year’s Variety Show, entitled “ILLUMINATE” is to be performed February 20-23rd, 2019. We look forward to as many people as possible auditioning for the varied aspects of this show. Following is a list of information and suggestions to aid in structuring a successful audition.
Auditionees must be students of Glenbrook South with flexible extra-curricular commitments for January and February. Once cast, each act will be scheduled for a combination of after school, evening, school holiday, and weekend hour rehearsals by its act director. Intensive final rehearsals begin Saturday, February 9th. Each cast member must check the rehearsal schedule posted outside the SAO daily for changes and attend scheduled rehearsals promptly. (All details provided at the first cast meeting.)
CREATING A SUCCESSFUL AUDITION
Our job is to cast the most dynamic, entertaining acts. Here’s what you can do to knock our socks off!
- Choose an act related to the show theme: ILLUMINATE.
- Keep your act short (2-3 minutes or less)
- Rehearse, rehearse, and rehearse! Be performance ready!
- Examine and prepare all details of your act: costuming, props, tape, music, accompanist, act name, etc
- Live vocals only - no lip-syncing!
- Groups are wonderful. SOLO/DUET CASTING IS DIFFICULT AND RARE.
- Check material and lyric content. Provide lyric sheets at the audition! Lyrics must have wide audience appeal and appropriate subject.
- Be creative! Show off your talents. Combine various elements…this is a variety show!
- Be professional! (prompt, prepared, courteous)
- HAVE FUN!
AUDITIONS: Wednesday, Jan 9th, 2019, 3:30-5pm
Amp, keyboard, piano, trap set, and mic will be provided. We are looking for performance quality, vocal balance, creativity, and varied musical styles. A room for unplugged tuning will be available to each band just prior to their audition time.
AUDITIONS: Saturday, Jan 12th, 2019, 9a-2pm
These include all the true variety acts: humorous or dramatic skits, singing, dancing, juggling, unplugged bands ONLY (see plugged bands above). Piano, tape recorder and mics will be provided for you. Don’t be concerned with fitting into a mold. Show your strengths and talents.
On the day of the audition, please make sure to:
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early in order to fill out the audition form. This does include listing all involved students' ID numbers, so it can take some time!
- Print and bring lyrics to any song used in your act, whether it is performed live or used on an accompanying track. Remember: this is a FAMILY FRIENDLY show and language must be consistent with this.
- Come performance ready. Your time is your only time to show the judges that you are ready to be a part of the Variety Show; complete all costume alterations, instrument tunings, or any other distraction BEFORE walking into your audition time.
- Create an act that you are proud of and have fun!
GBS Auditorium (On stage)
|| Robert Shellard