First Presbyterian Church Livermore
The Livermore Homeless Refuge is open again this year and First Presbyterian Church Livermore(FPCL)will be hosting guests on Saturday and Sunday nights through April 2020, as needed. Please consider signing up to bring a large hot entree meal for a few Saturdays or Sundays over the next few months.
A few items to remember:
1. The Refuge is only open during inclement weather and you must check the open/closed status of the Refuge the morning you are to provide an evening meal. Please do not bring a meal to FPCL if the Refuge is closed as we will not be hosting guests.
2. There are two ways to check Refuge’s open/closed status:
Call the recorded hotline after 9am on Saturday at 925-204-2678
Visit http://www.livermorehomelessrefuge.org/ The left sidebar contains details of daily open/closed status.
3. Your hot main course should feed 8-10 HUNGRY people. You are not serving the meal, just dropping it off. Suggested food items are casseroles, enchiladas, soups, stews, meats, lasagna, pasta with sauce etc. In addition to the entree, other food items are welcome such as cookies, sliced fresh fruit, large salad with bottled dressing, dinner rolls and muffins or bagels for breakfast the following day.
4. Please remember to bring your prepared food very hot as we do not have access to a kitchen for any preparation or clean up.
5. Please bring the entree in a disposable pan or crock pot. All non-disposable pots must be retrieved either later that delivery evening(after 7:15pm) or no later than the following morning. Neither overnight Refuge volunteers nor FPCL staff are able to wash pots. On Mondays, you may obtain a key to the room from the FPCL front office, 2020 5th Street, if needed.
6. Meals need to arrive at the 4th street chapel door of First Presbyterian Church Livermore(between L Street and K Street, across from Carnegie Park)between 5:30pm and 6:00pm on your assigned day. Street parking on 4th street right in front of the chapel is easiest and our guests are able to help unload food items if needed.
Again, thank you for offering the gift of time and nourishment to our community in need. If you have any questions regarding meal delivery, please let us know.
4th & K St. Chapel Door
|| Outreach FPCL