HumaneK9 Dog Training
Many of us have compliant dogs in and around our homes but what happens when we go somewhere else? Does your training breakdown? Does your dog stop paying attention to you?
This exciting new program is for dog owners who want to have FUN with their dog while learning, proofing and reinforcing obedience cues and behaviors out in the community aka The Real World.
This program will help you work in a positive way with your dog while having success being out in public / community places. Locations may vary throughout the 4 weeks.
We will work on:
- Attention and Focus Exercises
- Distraction Training
- Exposure Training
- Tactile Training
- Environmental Training
- Polite meet & greets and so much more!
Prerequisite: Dogs should already have basic training (sit, down, come, stay, and loose leash walking)
Dogs must be non-aggressive towards people and other dogs and must be in good health.
All dogs, purebred, mixed breeds and dogs with disabilities are encouraged to participate.
4 week semester - $140 per dog
ITEMS TO BRING TO CLASS
- A hungry dog (this increases your dog's interest in food rewards)
- Plenty of high value soft treats (string cheese, hot dogs, chicken, deli meats, Zukes, Fruitables, Plato treats, etc.). Treats that are dry and crumble are not recommended.
- A couple of toys that are of interest to your dog (no squeaking toys)
- Bring a variety of items your dog finds rewarding (food, toys, tugs, etc.)
- Water for yourself and your dog- water bowl
- A properly fitted collar or harness. No prong, choke or electric shock collars are permitted.
- A 4ft or 6ft leash- No retractable or Flexi leashes are permitted.
- A mat or crate pad for your dog. This should be the size of your dog so your dog can comfortably fit its entire body on it.
- Treat bag- bait bag
- Sneakers are required for all classes.
- Arrive a few minutes early so you acclimate yourself and your dog to the area.
- Please be mindful of your dog's behavior throughout the class. If your dog is barking excessively or otherwise unruly, you may be excused from class if you are unable to appropriately manage your dog's barking/behavior.
- Please do not allow your dog to interact with other dogs in the class unless given permission by the instructor.
- Be sure to take your dog to potty prior to the start of class and clean up after your dog.
- Female dogs in season are not permitted to attend class.
Payment will be required two weeks prior to the start of a class. Unpaid registrations cannot be held and will be given to any student on our waitlist. Classes with less than minimum participation (determined by the number of paid spots) are subject to cancellation. If you have registered for class and can no longer attend, please notify us in writing at least 3 days in advance and we will refund your payment. Refunds cannot be offered once classes begin. Payment options include: cash, checks or PayPal.
HumaneK9 Dog Training
|| Marni Bellavia - HumaneK9 Dog Training