HumaneK9 Dog Training
Exciting opportunity to continue your training with your dog whether you have a companion dog, therapy dog, or competition dog. For anyone that might be interested in doing something a little different and a lot of fun with your dog, please read the information below. Remember, training never ends and this is a great, fun way to connect, bond and continue your training!
Rally is a fun and exciting team sport for dogs and their handlers! Dog and handler teams navigate a course with numbered signs indicating different exercises to perform such as Sit-Down-Sit, Straight Figure 8, Moving Side Step Right, About Turn Right, etc. Teams navigate the course at a brisk, continuous performance. Handlers are encouraged to talk to their dogs during the performance.
Dogs should already have basic training (sit, down, come, stay, and heel) and be in good health. Dogs must be non-aggressive towards people and other dogs. Each week we will work on attention heeling and review the previous week's signs and skills. When teaching each of the signs I will explain what is required and have everyone practice during their walk through.
All dogs, purebred, mixed breeds and dogs with disabilities are encouraged to participate. If competition is your goal, you will learn all the skills needed to get you started in Rally competition. For anyone already competing, this class will offer opportunities to polish your skills.
All the new regulations and signs will be used beginning November 2017.
Novice - Master levels welcome
4 week class - $95 per dog
Single session: $35 per dog
*Please note priority will be given to those students who have been registered since the start of 2018.
ITEMS TO BRING TO CLASS
- A hungry dog (this increases your dog's interest in food rewards)
- Plenty of high value soft treats (string cheese, hot dogs, chicken, deli meats, Zukes, Fruitables, Plato treats, etc.). Treats that are dry and crumble are not recommended. You may bring toys that do not make noise as a reward.
- Water for yourself and your dog- water bowl
- Dog crate that your dog will be in when they are not performing. This applies to all classes.
- A properly fitted collar or harness. No prong, choke or electric shock collars are permitted.
- A 4ft or 6ft leash- No retractable or Flexi leashes are permitted.
- A mat or crate pad for your dog. This should be the size of your dog so your dog can comfortably fit its entire body on it.
- Treat bag- bait bag
- A chair for yourself
- Sneakers are required for all classes.
- Set up your crate/space up with enough room in between other students in the class.
- Please be mindful of your dog's behavior throughout the class. If your dog is barking excessively or otherwise unruly, you may be excused from class if you are unable to appropriately manage your dog's barking/behavior.
- Arrive a few minutes early so you can set up prior to bringing your dog into the class. Dogs must be kept on leash at all times.
- Please do not allow your dog to interact with other dogs in the class.
- Be sure to take your dog to potty prior to the start of class and clean up after your dog. Potty area is located on the street swale. There will be a small garbage can located on the side of the garage.
- Female dogs in season are not permitted to attend class.
Payment will be required two weeks prior to the start of a class. Unpaid registrations cannot be held and will be given to any student on our waitlist. Classes with less than minimum participation (determined by the number of paid spots) are subject to cancellation. If you have registered for class and can no longer attend, please notify us in writing at least 3 days in advance and we will refund your payment. Refunds cannot be offered once classes begin. Payment options include: cash, checks or PayPal.
HumaneK9 Dog Training
|| Marni Bellavia - HumaneK9 Dog Training