HumaneK9 Dog Training
This class will begin to teach the foundation skills needed for loose leash heeling. This is not precision heeling but rather having your dog walk nicely beside you without pulling, lunging, jumping and forging ahead. Components of this class will provide you with the groundwork to learn and teach more precise heeling in future levels of Heel with Me.
Heel with Me Foundation (4 weeks)
- Body Pressure
- Tuck Sit
- Handler Focus
- Head Placement
- Rapid Fire Treats
- Finish (dog finishes around handler into heel position)
- Swing (dog finishes on the side of handler into heel position)
ITEMS TO BRING TO CLASS
- A hungry dog (this increases your dog's interest in food rewards)
- Plenty of high value soft treats (string cheese, hot dogs, chicken, deli meats, Zukes, Fruitables, Plato treats, etc.). Treats that are dry and crumble are not recommended.
- Peanut butter, cream cheese, spray cheese, etc.
- Frozen stuffed food toys like a Kong or Toppl (for breaks and lectures)
- Treat bag, bait bag, clicker if you use one (optional)
- Wooden or Plastic Spatula (your dog will be using)
- Bowl - you can cut a yoga mat and glue to the bottom for traction https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJEDMZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Water for yourself and your dog - water bowl
- Something to write in like a notebook to take notes during this course.
- Yoga mat or mat with traction on bottom
- A properly fitted collar or harness. No prong, choke or electric shock collars are permitted.
- A 4ft or 6ft leash - No retractable or Flexi leashes are permitted.
- A chair for yourself or mat to sit on the floor
- Small battery operated fan, if desired
- Bring appropriate sun protection as this is an outside venue.
- Sneakers are required for all classes.
- Set up your crate/space up with enough room in between other students in the class.
- Please be mindful of your dog's behavior throughout the class. If your dog is barking excessively or otherwise unruly, you may be excused from class if you are unable to appropriately manage your dog's barking/behavior.
- Arrive a few minutes early so you can set up prior to bringing your dog into the class. Dogs must be kept on leash at all times.
- Please do not allow your dog to interact with other dogs in the class.
- Be sure to take your dog to potty prior to the start of class and clean up after your dog. Potty area is located on the street swale.
- Female dogs in season are not permitted to attend class.
Cost: $125 p/dog 4 week semester
Payment will be required two weeks prior to the start of a class. Unpaid registrations cannot be held and will be given to any student on our waitlist. Classes with less than minimum participation (determined by the number of paid spots) are subject to cancellation. If you have registered for class and can no longer attend, please notify us in writing at least 3 days in advance and we will refund your payment. Refunds cannot be offered once classes begin. Payment options include: Zelle or Venmo.
Once a class is confirmed based on the required number of participant registrations, you will receive an email with payment instructions, address to the training facility and other important class information.
HumaneK9 Dog Training
|| Marni Bellavia - HumaneK9 Dog Training