COVID-19 Message: Read our full message, HERE.
Volunteers of America, Utah has a new electronic waiver system! All participants are required to sign both the waiver and boundary agreement below, even if you have already signed a paper copy.
Please visit both links to complete all required forms!
We also have a new electronic sign in system. A VOLUNTEER ID card will be assigned after your first volunteer service. The video below will explain how to sign in and out using the new system.
*********** PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR A MEAL SERVICE *************
Our kitchen facility can accommodate up to 10 volunteers (lunch service only) with plenty of tasks to keep everyone busy and engaged. Please note: larger groups will be split up and assigned to task teams outside of the kitchen area. Tasks teams assignments include: donation room support and light housekeeping. It is important volunteers do not exceed the number of open slots available. If you have any questions regarding volunteer group sizes, please contact a volunteer engagement team member (contact information provided below). Also, if you’re volunteering with your company, church, or other community group, please make sure to fill in the Group Name. It’ll help us prepare for your volunteer opportunity.
We look forward to working with you soon!
Meal Service Timeline
- Volunteer arrival time: 7:30AM
- Meal Service begins: 8AM
- Clean-up begins: 9AM
- Volunteer arrival time: 12:30PM
- Meal service begins: 1PM
- Clean up begins: 2PM
- Volunteer arrival time: 5:30PM
- Dinner Service: 6PM
- Clean up begins: 7PM
Meal Service Tasks
- Please arrive on time to ensure we are able to serve meals on time
- Meal Prep: all tasks related to preparing the meal for service
- Serving: Meal line service (place entrée on the clients’ plates)
- Support: replenish trays, bowls and condiments etc
- Clean-up: Breakdown assigned kitchen areas (clean and sanitize countertops & prep stations, empty garbage and recycling bins), empty trash cans, sweep and mop floors
- Kitchen and client pantry: organizational tasks including unloading, unboxing and replenshing shelves
Meal Service Guidelines
- Meal volunteers must be at least 16 years old to be in the kitchen.
- ALL NEW VOLUNTEERS will be required to SIGN A LIABILITY WAIVER AND PROFESSIONAL CLIENT/BOUNDARIES FORM.
- Photos with clients are not permitted at any time. To ensure the privacy of our clients, media is not permitted to cover a volunteer shift. See a Community Engagement Team Member for specific photo guidelines.
- Appropriate kitchen attire recommended. For safety, closed toe, rubber soled shoes are considered appropriate footwear in the kitchen.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel your shift, please do so at least 48 hours in advance.
If you have any questions please contact a Community Engagement Team Member:
Michelle Owen, Community Engagement Manager at:
Email: [email protected]
Cell Phone: (801) 718-1767
Business week: Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.