COVID-19 Message: Read our full message, HERE. If you are unable to make your scheduled volunteer shift but would still like to provide your meal, you can drop it off at the center.
Please be advised that if you volunteer within the facility that you will be required to take your temperature before entering and wear a mask through the duration of your service. We appreciate your dedication to serving Utah's most vulnerable.
Contact Alexis Brown Brotherton ([email protected]) for more information.
Thank you for your interest in cooking and serving a meal for the Volunteers of America, Utah: Center for Women & Children! Volunteers prepare and serve lunch and dinner 7 days a week 365 days a year. We greatly appreciate your time and energy, we couldn't do it without our volunteers!
Here are some things to keep in mind if you would like to sign up for a meal:
- Volunteers at the CWC plan and cook the meal in addition to simply serving it. You may either use the groceries available in our pantry (View the CWCGuidelines attachment for a list of items available), or purchase and bring your own groceries or prepared foods as a donation.
- Group sizes of 1-6 are the best. When you sign up you are filling the entire slot whether you sign up alone or with a group of 6. If you prefer to volunteer with others and do not want to cook, please check out our Women's Resource Center Meal Service Opportunity.
- Volunteers must be ages 16+. 16 and 17 year olds will need to be accompanied by an adult.
- No photos or video of our clients are permitted. If you wish to take photos of your group please make sure our clients are not in the background.
- Expect to prepare approximately 20-30 servings per meal.
- Please wear gloves when preparing and serving all food items (We will provide these).
- Clients will take care of cleaning up the cafeteria space, you will be responsible for cleaning the kitchen, including doing the dishes, wiping down the counters and sweeping/mopping.
- Please pack any leftovers into a wrapped or sealed container (we'll provide these) and label them with a date sticker. This helps us keep our refrigerators up to date.
- Please do NOT hand out any aluminum or tin foil to our clients (baked potatos must be unwrapped and canned beverages must be poured into cups).
- Remember that the clients are counting on you for a meal. If there is any need to cancel, please try to do so at least 48 hours before your assigned meal so that we can make other arrangements.
- To ensure the privacy of our clients, media is not permitted to cover a volunteer shift.
- Arrive: 11:30AM
- Serve: 12:30PM
- Cleanup: 1:00PM
- Arrive: 5:00PM
- Serve: 6:00PM
- Cleanup: 6:30PM
If you have any questions, please contact:
Shelby Busha, Volunteer Engagement Specialist
Availability: Sunday through Thursday 11:00AM-7:00PM
Email: [email protected]