Volunteers of America, UT: Center for Women & Children Meal Service
2019 Center for Women and Children Meal Sign Up
Thank you for your interest in providing and serving a meal for the Volunteers of America, Utah: Center for Women & Children! Volunteers prepare and serve lunch and dinner 7 days a week 365 days a year. We greatly appreciate your time and energy, we couldn't do it without our volunteers!
Here are some things to keep in mind if you would like to sign up for a meal:
- Unlike volunteers at many other agencies, volunteers at the CWC provide and cook the meal in addition to simply serving it. You may either use the groceries available in our pantry (View the CWCGuidelines attachment for a list of items available), or purchase and bring your own groceries as a donation.
- Group sizes of 6 or fewer are the best, or else it gets very cramped in our kitchen.
- Volunteers must be ages 16+. 16 and 17 year olds will need to be accompanied by an adult.
- We ask that meals include some form of vegetarian option for clients with food restrictions.
- No photos or video of our clients are permitted. You may take pictures of your group in the kitchen (and we're happy to help take pictures for you!), but please respect the privacy of our clients and ensure they are not included in these pictures.
- Expect to prepare approximately 20-30 servings per meal.
- Please wear gloves when preparing and serving all food items.
- Clients will take care of cleaning up the cafeteria space, you will be responsible for taking care of cleaning the kitchen, including doing the dishes and wiping down the countertops and cookware.
- Please pack any leftovers into a wrapped or sealed container (we'll provide these) and write the date on them. This helps us keep our refrigerators up to date.
- Remember that the clients are counting on you for a meal. If there is any need to cancel, please try to do so at least 48 hours before your assigned meal so that we can make other arrangements.
- Arrive: 11:30AM
- Serve: 12:30PM
- Cleanup: 1:00PM
- Arrive: 5:00PM
- Serve: 6:00PM
- Cleanup: 6:30PM
If you have any questions, please contact:
Haylee Allen, Volunteer Engagement Specialist
Availability: Sunday through Thursday 11:00AM-7:00PM
Email: [email protected]
Center for Women & Children
697 W 4170 S, Murray, UT 84123