We appreciate your dedication to serving Utah's most vulnerable.
All participants are required to sign both the waiver and boundary agreement below, even if you have already signed a paper copy. Please visit both links to complete all required forms!
Thank you for your interest in providing and serving a meal for the woman at Volunteers of America's Center for Woman and Children! Volunteers can serve or drop off meals at the Center for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We greatly appreciate your time and energy, we couldn't do it without our volunteers!
Here are some things to keep in mind if you would like to sign up for a meal:
- Volunteers at the CWC plan and cook the meal for the time they signed up for. You may either use the groceries available in our pantry or purchase and bring your own groceries or prepared foods as a donation.
- Volunteers have a choice to serve or drop off prepared meals at the Center. If you dont have time to serve a meal simply droping off a prepared meal is just as helpful. When you sign-up please make a note of weather you are serving or droping off.
- Group sizes of 2-6 are the best. When you sign up you are filling the entire slot whether you sign up alone or with a group of 6.
- Volunteers must be ages 16+. 16 and 17 year olds will need to be accompanied by an adult.
- No photos or video of our clients are permitted. If you wish to take photos of your group please make sure our clients are not in the background.
- Expect to prepare approximately 20-30 servings per meal.
- Please wear gloves when preparing and serving all food items (We will provide these).
- Clients will take care of cleaning up the cafeteria space, you will be responsible for cleaning the kitchen, including doing the dishes, wiping down the counters and sweeping/mopping.
- Please pack any leftovers into a wrapped or sealed container (we'll provide these) and label them with a date sticker. This helps us keep our refrigerators up to date.
- Remember that the clients are counting on you for a meal. If there is any need to cancel, please try to do so at least 48 hours before your assigned meal so that we can make other arrangements.
- To ensure the privacy of our clients, media is not permitted to cover a volunteer shift.
- Arrive: 11:30AM
- Serve: 12:30PM
- Cleanup: 1:00PM
- Arrive: 5:00PM
- Serve: 6:00PM
- Cleanup: 6:30PM
If you have any questions, please contact:
Natalie Dold, Volunteer Coordinator Specialist
Email: [email protected]
Cell: (801) 440-1451