Volunteering at Growing Home
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
To practice good measure we ask you to refrain from signing up at this time if you answer “yes” to any of the below questions:
- Are you under the age of 14 or over the age of 60?
- Are you part of a high-risk group?
- In the last 14 days:
- have you or someone you are living with or caring for returned from domestic travel to areas with case clusters of Covid-19, (present time of posting = Seattle, Washington, Bay Area of California, and the restricted areas of New York)?
- have you or someone you are living with or caring for returned from any international travel?
- Presently, are you feeling sick, have a cough, are sneezing, have a fever, experiencing shortness of breath, or other health-related maladies that have not been confirmed or denied by a medical professional?
PERSONAL APPEARANCE / DRESS CODE -Your personal appearance reflects on the reputation and integrity of Growing Home. All volunteers are expected to be neatly groomed and appropriately dressed (taking weather into consideration).
WEATHER - BASED CLOSURE NOTIFICATION - At the discretion of the organization’s leadership team, when an emergency occurs (Weather or otherwise), Growing Home will make every effort to notify volunteers of the closure by phone, text, and email. Closures will also be listed with local television stations.
During this COVID-19 period, the offices/Food Pantry operation will be closed on days when:
- The predicted temperature is below 32°F;
- The likelihood of precipitation is 75% or higher
- The predicted windchill is below 20°F
While onsite at Growing Home, we will be reminding everyone of the following safety precautions: wash hands regularly, disinfect surfaces regularly, observe social distancing guidelines by keeping six feet of distance between yourself and others, avoid touching your face, and practice good hygiene. If anyone is feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms at any point, please stay home! Personal health and safety are always of primary importance.
Volunteers are welcome to bring a personal snack/lunch if they desire.
For any general questions, please contact:
On-site 'Day of' Contacts: