Come usher at a performance of The Real Life Adventures of Jimmy de las Rosas!
PLEASE NOTE: SteppingStone Theatre now has assigned seating! Usher seats will be assigned and located in Row K Seats 1-10 on the main floor of the theatre.
** Shift times listed are the entire required time commitment. For example, start time for 3:00 pm shows is 2:00 pm. If the show starts at 7:00 pm, your start time is 6:00 pm.
We're looking for 6 to 10 ushers, ages 8 and up, for each public performance. We ask that ushers between 8-12 years old be directly supervised by an adult. For this show, the time commitment is 2.5 hours, including watching the show!
- Arrive at the time called and check in with the House Manager
- Stand at the doors when the house is open and greet patrons (“hello, welcome, enjoy the show..” etc.)
- Check tickets and print at home tickets
- Hand out programs
- Answer basic questions, i.e: direct patrons to bathrooms, drinking fountain, exits, etc.
- Watch carefully that no food or drink goes into the auditorium
- You have no responsibilities during the performance. Sit back and enjoy it!
- Following the performance, pick up papers, programs, wrappers, etc. in the auditorium.
- Check out with the House Manager- and you’re done!
Here's what you get in return:
- Free admission to that performance for each usher
- A good feeling that you're helping out a worthy cause
- And a fun, free activity for your troop, organization, family, or friends!
* GROUPS: Groups are always welcome to sign up! When registering a group, please use the name of the primary group contact person, and make a note of what organization is coming. It's vital that this info is accurate for our records.
DRESS CODE: We encourage you to wear what you are comfortable in! Remember, you are representing SteppingStone as ushers so please- no labels or offensive messages on clothing. Troops- please wear your uniform so the public can recognize who you are!
PARKING: Free parking is available to SteppingStone patrons in the Mitchell Hamline College of Law parking lot SATURDAY and SUNDAY only on Portland and Summit Aves (across the street from SteppingStone). All other days of the week, free on-street parking is available. Please be respectful of our neighbors and mind any posted restrictions. Paid parking is also available on the corner of Victoria and Grand in the Grand Place Garage.
*** SteppingStone reserves the right to limit usher signups to five slots per production.
Please direct questions to Jessica Kray Martin, Box Office Manager and Marketing Assistant: [email protected]
55 Victoria St, St Paul, MN 55104