Thank you for your willingness to volunteer and helping with the re-opening of our church. Please know that it is only possible with volunteers like yourselves.
Please select the mass date and time you are willing to volunteer for. Please wear your mask upon entering the church building. Masks are required to be worn at all times when in the building.
As a reminder please make sure you have watched the Volunteer Certification Video if you haven't already done so! Once you have watched the video, please let the parish office know by calling 847-433-1494 or emailing [email protected].
Video Instruction: Click the video you wish to watch. Choose "Watch on the Web" and then select "Join Anonymously".
English Volunteer Certification Video
Spanish Volunteer Certification Video
- Greeters will assist in managing the flow of attendees as they enter the church, participate in the liturgy/sacrament, and exit the church.
- Ushers will direct participants to appropriate seating/waiting areas, but will include additional responsibilities, including, but not limited to, making sure attendees use hand sanitizer upon entering, are wearing a mask, and are reminded not to enter if ill.
- Given the circumstances, greeters will need to be tactful and firm paying careful attention to all people on-site. To support parish greeter teams, rudimentary training tips on handling difficult situations will be provided.
- Volunteers will ensure that: all supplies needed for each sacramental celebration/gathering are ready for use, entrances and exits are marked and propped physically open prior to attendees’ arrival/departure.
- Volunteers will help maintain and sanitize essential and trafficked areas of the church after the church has been used. Volunteers are required to wear masks upon entering the building. Cleaning/disinfecting supplies and gloves will be provided for the cleaning tasks.