Acres Green PTO
Looking for a special way to recognize your child? To say thank you! To show your appreciation? To celebrate a special event or accomplishment?
Anyone can be a “Rock” Star
You can tell them how proud you are by painting it on the Spirit Rock for everyone in the school to see.
* Reservations MUST be made to paint the Rock. We request that a $10 donation (to support the PTO) be paid in advance. Payments should be made to the PTO by cash or check (made out to Acres Green PTO)
****You may also request to have Mr. Gabe paint the rock for an additional $10. Provide details and paint to Mr. Gabe and drop your $20 off at the office!
* All individuals must supply their own paint. If you have left-over paint you would like to donate, please email the PTO [email protected] and let us know!
* The Spirit Rock may be reserved for one day. A day is defined as beginning at 4:00 pm in the afternoon and ending at 4:00 pm the next afternoon.
* Once reserved, you may paint the rock beginning at 4:00 PM.
(Example, if your child’s birthday is on September 13th, and you want him to arrive at school that day to see the rock, you reserve the day of September 13th. You can begin painting The Rock on the night before at 4:00 PM, September 12th. Sign-up for the date that corresponds with the night before! You will see that the reservations are taken Sun-Thur for beginning at the 4 PM the evening before the rock will convey your message. The person who has reserved the next day can begin painting the rock the following day at 4:00 PM. We need everyone to cooperate with this rule in order to keep a functioning system. We do not reschedule for rain.
* Payment is due at the time of making the reservation and is first-come, first-served. All payments and reservations are non-refundable for any reason (changed your mind, inclement weather, etc). However, if you decide you do not want your date, you can offer it to a friend or sell it to another family. The PTO cannot offer refunds on any reserved dates.
* ONLY the Rock may be painted. DO NOT paint the sidewalk, bench, flagpole, building, grass or any other material surrounding the Rock. The individual or group will be held financially responsible for cleaning and/or repair costs associated with a violation of this policy. Anyone painting the Rock must leave the area in clean condition. Remove all paint materials and litter from the site and be sure the paint is disposed of properly.
* The individual or group painting the rock assumes liability for any individual or member of the group who may be injured and/or incur clothing or other personal property damage. Please be kind to our environment and recycle empty paint cans, etc.
*Spirit Rock paintings MUST be in good taste. Staff and PTO will regularly monitor the Spirit Rock to ensure that paintings fall within the above-established guidelines. The school has the right to remove any painting deemed inappropriate by school administration without notice to those who painted the rock.
*If the next day is not reserved your painting may remain on the rock until it is reserved again. It is acceptable to reserve multiple days, if desired, at a rate of $10 per day.
*By reserving a date, you agree to adhere to the above-mentioned guidelines.
Some tips for painting the rock.
- The most popular paint to use is to spray paint. You will probably need 2 cans for a good base coat (more if your base coat is white). Please note that latex paint and paint that is rolled on will take several hours to dry, as opposed to spraypaint, which dries in several minutes.
Amount of Spray Paint Suggested:
- The shape, size, and texture of the rock surface various from rock-to-rock. Below, are suggestions that can be used to give you an approximation as to the amount of spray paint that you will need.
- Rock:2 Cans of base spray paint to cover previous message (Double this if your base coat is White).
- Dependent upon the # of colors you want used in your message, a minimum of 1 can is needed if you elect to paint your message in one color.
Please be kind to our environment and recycle your empty cans!
|| Acres Green PTO