Litsy Markup Postal Book Club
How this works:
- We will be divided into groups of four.
- Groups A to W are reserved for US residents.
- Groups X is reserved for Canadian residents.
- Group Y is reserved for UK residents.
- Group Z is reserved for Australia residents.
- Everyone picks a print copy (not digital) of a book they want to share. The book should be less than 400 pages because of time constraints. Also, try to stay away from political books that might cause arguments within a group. There is far too much of that on the Internet already.
- Read the book you chose.
- As you read, share your thoughts by highlighting, making margin notes, adding sticky notes, etc.
- At the end of the month, mail your marked-up book to the next person in your group.
- After four months, you will get your book back complete with everyone’s mark-ups.
- Pick a different color for your notes than the person before you. That way the four different members will be easily identified.
- Space to write may be limited but try not to obscure the actual book text.
- In the front of the book write a little blurb to introduce yourself. Likewise, you can add closing thoughts at the back of the book.
- You have a whole month to read the book. Please be timely in mailing it to the next person.
- Get creative and have fun with this!
July 1, 2019 Pick/Read/Markup your books
July 31, 2019 Mail to next person
August 31, 2019 Mail to next person
September 30, 2019 Mail to next person
October 31, 2019 Mail to next person
You should get your original book back in November.
|| Suellen Williams