Lexington Community Farm
One of the best ways to learn what it takes to grow the local food we all love, is to volunteer at your local community farm on a harvest morning. Harvest volunteers are trained by and work with the farm crew. Harvest volunteers walk on uneven ground, kneel, bend, and squat to harvest crops, and lift harvest bins filled with vegetables. The work can definitely be challenging. It's also exceptionally satisfying.
- You should be in good physical shape and be prepared to lift, kneel, bend and squat.
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- Please bring water, there is not a guarantee that we will have potable water at the farm.
- Come prepared to get dirty and to work in varied weather. Wear work clothes, a hat, and shoes or boots.
- Be prepared to be given harvest instructions and then carry out tasks by yourself for periods of time.
- Read and sign the LexFarm Liability Waiver and Emergency Contact Form and bring it with you to your first volunteer session. Review the Guidelines Farm for Volunteers. Find these document below.
|| Volunteer Coordinator