American Association of Woodturners
July 10 through 14, 2019
National Committee Lead: Hannah Haas and Linda Ferber
Local Registration Lead: Gene Presson [email protected]
Volunteer: All volunteers welcome!
Symposium Registration: Symposium registration not required to volunteer for this committee.
Committee Mission: Volunteers will work with AAW Staff to prepair needed material and packets as needed for all registrants. Organize area for handing out packets, badges, books, and registration packets to pre-registered attendees.
- Assist the attendees with site/event questions. Be the Information desk – where’s the bathroom?, where’s the craft room?, etc.
- Be friendly and chatty. Smile!
- In general just be helpful and be another person to greet our guests.
- Greet non-registered visitors and provide visitor wristbands or other means of temporary identification. Volunteers will also provide basic directions to Symposium events and answer visitor questions. Volunteers will work with AAW Registration desk to administer a short survey to compile data and a count of non-registered guests for AAW use in planning future years’ events.
Procedures, Guidelines, and Tips:
- Must be detail-oriented so all packets contain identical handouts.
- Volunteers will have a training session prior to beginning work.
Volunteer Requirements: Volunteers are not required to register for the Symposium for this committee. This committee has some time slots that are pre/post Symposium please note this when signing up to avoid schedule conflicts.
Questions? Contact Volunteer at [email protected]
|| AAW Symposium Volunteer Team