Variety Show Performers
Our 7th Annual Variety Show is on Friday May 17th in the AES auditorium and we need your help! We will have an early show for our lower grade performers and a later show for our upper grade performers so there are many ways to help, and we truely appreciate your support. We MUST have Backstage Assistants so that our performers are safe and supervised while backstage! We need a House Manager in charge of ticket taking, and several other very important positions as well. Please consider helping so we can ensure all runs smoothly for the kids. If you are able to, plan on attending the dress rehearsal on Thursday May 16 at 2:45pm to 3:15pm (lower grade show) or 3:20pm-5:00pm (upper grade show) to know what is expected on the day of the show.
- Backstage Assistants (2 per show minimum): Will help coordinate performers during the show. This includes making sure the performer on deck is ready and coordinate any costume changes. Attendance at Dress rehearsal on 5/17 would be much appreciated, please attend if possible! Works from: Lower Grade show: 5:15-7:15. Upper Grade show: 7:00-8:45
- House Manager (1 per show): runs ticket taking, helps with general coordinating and sits by the door during the show to make sure the show isn't interupted by late comers. Works from: Lower Grade show: 5:15-7:15. Upper Grade show: 7:00-8:45
- Assistant House Managers (at least 1 per show): will work with the House Manager, coordinate seating. Works from: Lower Grade show: 5:15-7:15. Upper Grade show: 7:00-8:45
- Stage/Auditorium Decoration Set up decorations by the stage (butcher paper in a few small areas). Works during the school day on Thursday or Friday as coordinated with the office, or between 5:00-5:30 Friday.
- Green Room Food Coordinator will coordinate purchasing snacks for the performers and make sure all food is delivered by call time.
- Clean Up Assistants Clean after the Upper Grade show
- Program printing and pick-up Print the show programs at Office Depot (we will design the program and send you the file), you place the order, pick them up and deliver them to school.
Timing for Friday 05/17/2019:
- 5:15 PM - Call time for lower grade performers. Do not be late and come dressed in costume! Volunteer for lower grade show call time
- 5:30 PM - House Opens (audience can start seating)
- 6:00 PM - Lower Grade Show Curtain (show starts)
- 7:00 PM - Lower Grade show finish
- 7:00 PM - Call time for upper grade performers. Do not be late and come dressed in costume!
- 7:15 PM - House Opens (audience can start seating)
- 7:30 PM - Upper Grade Show Curtain (show starts)
- 8:45 PM - Clean Up
We can't do this without your help so please consider signing up! If you have any questions please email [email protected]
|| Charissa Sims