Black Canyon Heritage Park
Black Canyon Heritage Park (BCHP) needs volunteers to help remove invasive vegetation (e.g. Castor Beans, Salt Cedar, Desert Broom, etc.) and planting of native plants to attract birds, butterflies and other wildlife. Additional work includes clearing vegetation from the Nature Walk, removing trash from the grounds, and other park improvement tasks identified that day. This event will last approximately 3 hours.
- Check in at 8:30 AM followed by short safety briefing.
- Work begins by 9 AM.
- Youth age 17 or younger must have a BCHP Youth Liability Release signed at or before April 25 and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Contact Ann at 623-293-8628.
- Tools will be provided except weed trimmers. If you have a cordless weed trimmer that can be used, please bring it. You may also bring your own hand tools if you prefer.
- Bring your own work gloves. Dress for outdoor work (sturdy shoes and, as needed, sunscreen, hat, etc.).
- BCHP will provide water and snacks.
8:30am - 12:00pm MST
Black Canyon Heritage Park, 33955 S. Old Black Canyon Highway, Black Canyon City, AZ 85324.
|| Black Canyon Heritage Park