Black Canyon Heritage Park
Black Canyon Heritage Park (BCHP) and Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Agua Fria National Monument (AFNM) are hosting a National Public Lands Day at the Park.
Volunteers will help with invasive vegetation (e.g. Castor Beans, Salt Cedar, Desert Broom, etc.) removal as well as planting native plants to attract birds, butterflies and other wildlife. Additional work includes clearing vegetation from the Nature Walk, removing trash from the grounds, and other park improvement tasks identified that day. This event will last approximately 3 hours. Snacks and water will be provided for the event.
- Check in at 8:30 AM followed by short safety briefing. Work to begin by 9 AM.
- Youth age 17 or younger must have the BLM Youth Liability Release signed before October 5 and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Contact Ann at 623-293-8628 for form.
- Tools will be provided except weed trimmers. If you have a cordless weed trimmer that can be used, please bring it. You may also bring your own hand tools if you prefer.
- Bring your own work gloves. Dress for outdoor work (sturdy shoes and, as needed, sunscreen, hat, etc.).
- Desert Botanical Garden will provide butterfly friendly plants with butterfly experts to help plant them.
- BLM will support our volunteers with T-shirts, snacks, and expertise.
- BCHP will provide water.
8:30am - 12:00pm MST
Black Canyon Heritage Park, 33955 S. Old Black Canyon Highway, Black Canyon City, AZ 85324.
|| Black Canyon Heritage Park