Mosaic Art Tours
Saturday, June 1, 2019
10:00AM-3:00PM - Tour of New York City's Manhattan subway mosaics with Cathleen Newsham
$75 per person
Do you know there are over 400 mosaics installed on subway platforms in the five boroughs of New York City? Eight years ago, when I was commissioned to create my own version of a Coney Island subway mosaic in a Manhattan family's bathroom, I began my discovery of this immense underground museum with the largest collection of mosaics in North America.
I've taken thousands of photographs of these amazing works and lead many artists, students and enthusiasts through the vast NYC transportation network to view these underappreciated works of art. As a professional mosaic artists, I will be explaining the process of how the mosaics were designed, fabricated and installed, giving insight into the complex process of creating a smalti mosaic.
There is a minimum of 8 people to hold the tour, and a maximum of 16, so sign up today and join me for a private and technical look at these masterpieces!
To see my Coney Island Mosaic and find out more about me, you can go to my website:
- I'm accepting payments through PayPal, but you do not need a PayPal account to sign up. Click the sign up link below and it will automatically link you to the PayPal window.
- The cost of the tour includes your subway fare for ONE entrance into the subway system and one transfer.
- There will be NO REFUNDS for Cancellations after May 25, 2019. Any cancelations prior to that date will receive a refund minus any Paypal and Sign-up Genius fees.
- Please be aware that we will be using stairs to access some of the subway platforms, which can be physically strenuous for some participants. It is recommend that you wear comfortable flat shoes, do not carry heavy bags or purses and wear light layers of clothing for an optimal experience.
- There will be a bathroom break halfway through the tour.
- Bring a snack!
10:00am - 3:00pm EDT
Grand Central Terminal
|| Cathleen Newsham