Hello Team Hunter!
We are looking for guest judges to help us create a memorable final day for students in this semester's ENTI 201 lectures! Ideally, we do not have the same volunteers for Advising and Judging.
The teams are taking Justin Knibbe's Introduction to Business Venturing course. This is an optional course for undergraduate students from non-business programs at the University of Calgary. The focus of the course is to provide these students with entrepreneurship fundamentals which will help them see their studies with a new lens and identify commercial opportunities as they continue through their undergraduate programs.
The ENTI 201 guest judges will have the chance to view pre-recorded 5-minute pitch videos prior to December 6th, and then on December 6th, judges and students will meet live via Zoom to watch the videos followed by a live 5-minute Q&A session with the goal of enabling the teams to evaluate their projects.
The role of the judges will be to listen attentively and to evaluate the video presentations based on the following areas:
- Is the team focused on a clear business opportunity?
- Are potential early adopters clearly identified?
- Is the proposed solution/product feasible and valuable?
- Does the business have the ability to compete in the market?
- What is the overall effectiveness of the presentation?
WHAT TO EXPECT & YOUR ROLE
- Your role is to view the student team's pre-recorded videos and write comments online and judge teams live over Zoom.
- At the end of the live Q&A session, each judge will recommend one team to enter the qualifying round for the RBC Fast Pitch Competition, hosted annually by the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- We'd love for our judges to encourage students to continue with their projects after the course ends!
- Prior to December 6, 2021 - Judges to review pre-recorded student team pitch videos online via Hunter Centre platform and complete judging forms. An optional information session on how to use Hunter Centre platform will be available for enrolled judges.
- December 6, 2021 - Live Q&A Session with student teams via Zoom from time above.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Leah Bortolin, Program Advisor with the Hunter Centre at [email protected]
The Hunter Centre Team
3:15pm - 6:30pm MDT
|| Hunter Centre