Lake Nokomis Lutheran Church
Join Lake Nokomis Lutheran Church in welcoming four families in need of safe housing. Provide a week of shelter and hospitality at Lake Nokomis Lutheran to four families experiencing homelessness. Team up with more than 50 volunteers to:
- Set up sleeping and activity spaces the week of July 29
- Prepare and serve dinners
- Plan and coordinate activities for adults and kids
- Be an overnight host and set up grab-and-go breakfasts
- Take down sleeping and activity spaces after church on Sunday, August 11
Who can volunteer?
- Your children - provided they don't require parent's full time attention
- Invite your friends to volunteer with you
Training is provided for all new adult and youth volunteers.
Each new adult volunteer must also complete a Safe Place Policy and background check form.
The Families Moving Forward team will provide a brief orientation for new volunteers.
|| Ginny Rudloff