Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
Lesson Purpose: To provide the participant with basic awareness to help prevent the spread of tuberculosis.
Training Objectives: At the end of this block of instruction, the participant will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with information received during the instructional period:
1. Define the term tuberculosis and be able to identify the 2 types.
2. Describe ways in which tuberculosis is contracted.
3. Identify five symptoms and signs of tuberculosis.
4. Name several ways tuberculosis is diagnosed.
5. Describe drugs used to treat TB.
6. Identify risk factors associated with TB.
7. Explain six myths associated with tuberculosis.
8. Identify six core functions associated with addressing TB.
Hours/Credits: Two (2)
Students will need to create a Moodle account at http://cecourses.pittcc.edu/
Requested courses will be added to the student's Moodle account within 2-3 business days.
New Pitt Community College students will need to complete the student data form provided below and submit to our training division; [email protected] or fax to 252-321-4549.
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division