Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
Lesson Purpose: The purpose of this block instruction is to present the student with information on the use of portable fire extinguishers.
Training Objectives: At the end of this block of instruction, the student will be able to achieve the following training objectives in accordance with information received in the class.
- Describe methods by which agents extinguish fires.
- List five classifications of fires and explain what makes up each classification.
- List three types of portable fire extinguishers which are most commonly used to extinguish fires.
- List items to check immediately before using a portable fire extinguisher.
- Describe the PASS method of application.
- Summarize procedures that should be part of every fire extinguisher inspection.
Hours/Credits: Two (2)
Students will need to create a Moodle account at http://cecourses.pittcc.edu/
Requested courses will be added to the student's Moodle account within 2-3 business days.
New Pitt Community College students will need to complete the student data form provided below and submit to our training division; [email protected] or fax to 252-321-4549.
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division