Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
Lesson Purpose: To provide the student with an understanding of how to deal with difficult people while working in the communication center.
Training Objectives: At the end of this block of instruction, the participant will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
1. Define the term “communication” and identify three things a caller expects.
2. Identify types of difficult callers and understand reasons callers become difficult.
3. Differentiate between hearing and listening and identify three types of listening.
4. Identify guidelines for dealing with angry callers and abusive callers.
5. Discuss common characteristics of complaints and analyze professional steps for dealing with complaints.
Agency training coordinators, please contact our staff at [email protected] to expedite the enrollment process for your agency!!
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division