Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
Lesson Purpose: This lesson plan discusses the various communicable diseases that can affect a detention facility and precautions which can be taken to minimize the impact.
Training Objectives: At the end of this block of instruction, the participant will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
1. Define the term communicable disease.
2. Determine the importance of medical screening prior to admitting an inmate into the detention facility.
3. List and describe communicable diseases which are of greatest concern to detention officers to include how each is transmitted and prevented.
4. Discuss the North Carolina health laws which govern communicable disease response and quarantine.
5. Discuss the state requirement on confidentiality as it relates to disclosure of sensitive medical information.
Agency training coordinators, please contact our staff at [email protected] to expedite the enrollment process for your agency!!
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division