Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
Lesson Purpose: To increase awareness related to inmate suicides.
Training Objectives: At the end of this block of instruction, the participant will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
1. Identify the periods of high risk for suicides occurring in the detention facilities and give a reason for each.
2. Describe the factors in the detention facility environment that have an impact on suicide.
3. Discuss the misconceptions and facts of suicide.
4. List physical and psychological symptoms to look and listen for in a potential suicide.
5. List supervisory procedures to use with inmates that are identified as high suicide risk.
6. Discuss the supervisory needs of inmates that are:
a) Potentially suicidal
c) Under the influence of drugs
7. Outline the process when a death in-custody occurs in the detention facility.
Agency training coordinators, please contact our staff at [email protected] to expedite the enrollment process for your agency!!
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division