Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
Lesson Purpose: This lesson plan discusses the various communicable diseases that can affect a law enforcement officer and precautions which can be taken to minimize the impact.
Training Objectives: At the end of this block of instruction, the participant will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
1. Define the term communicable disease, outbreak, pandemic, bloodborne pathogen, OPIM’s and Exposure.
2. List and describe communicable diseases which are of greatest concern to law enforcement officers to include how each is transmitted and prevented.
3. Discuss NC health laws which govern communicable disease response and quarantine.
4. List the steps to be taken and equipment to be used to protect officers from bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
5. Discuss the state requirement on confidentiality as it relates to disclosure of sensitive medical information.
Agency training coordinators, please contact our staff at [email protected] to expedite the enrollment process for your agency!!
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division