Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
Lesson Purpose: The purpose of this block instruction is to present the student with information on the use of portable fire extinguishers.
Training Objectives: At the end of this block of instruction, the participant will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
1. Describe methods by which agents extinguish fires.
2. List five classifications of fires and explain what makes up each classification.
3. List three types of portable fire extinguishers which are most commonly used to extinguish fires.
4. List items to check immediately before using a portable fire extinguisher.
5. Describe the PASS method of application.
6. Summarize procedures that should be part of every fire extinguisher inspection.
Agency training coordinators, please contact our staff at [email protected] to expedite the enrollment process for your agency!!
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division