Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
Lesson Purpose: To increase officers’ awareness during community dissent
Training Objectives: At the end of this block of instruction, the participant will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
1. Discuss relevant federal and state law as it applies to speech and lawful gatherings.
2. List five intelligence-led policing objectives when preparing for or encountering community dissent.
3. Describe best practices regarding transparency in communication regarding pre-incident or active incident community dissent.
4. Discuss best practices for actions to be taken during community dissent and reacting to actions by community dissenters.
5. List five areas to include when conducting an after-action elevation report for both private and public review.
Agency training coordinators, please contact our staff at [email protected] to expedite the enrollment process for your agency!!
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division