Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
Lesson Purpose: To increase an officer’s awareness when coping with stress and PTSD.
Training Objectives: At the end of this block of instruction, the participant will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information presented during the instructional period:
1. Define stress, including eustress and distress.
2. Describe the positive and negative impacts of stress.
3. Evaluate possible ways to identify and cope with stress, including problem-focused and emotion-focused coping strategies.
4. Identify disorders relevant to stress, including adjustment disorder, acute stress disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
5. Discuss resources available to help criminal justice professionals and family cope with stress and mental disorders relevant to stress.
Agency training coordinators, please contact our staff at [email protected] to expedite the enrollment process for your agency!!
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division