Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
Pitt Community College will be offering 23 courses online for 2022. Each course will run from February 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022. Please sign up below for the courses that you are interested in taking online.
In order to complete your courses online:
- All NEW PCC students must complete a student data form and return it to [email protected](downloadable form has been provided below)
- Please allow up to 4-5 business days for an email with directions and links to sign into moodle
- Once you begin a course, PLEASE read the COURSE SYLLABUS provided- it contains pertinent information regarding deadlines, requirements, and the steps to follow should you fail a final exam!
- Contact the course facilitator at [email protected] with any questions or concerns while completing your online courses.
- Students will not be able to register for online classes after December 10, 2022.
Officers/Deputies are required to complete 24 credits.
Detention Officers are required to complete 16 credits.
Telecommunicators are required to complete 16 credits.
* * * Attention Agency Training Coordinators * * *
If your agency is intereseted in signing up your entire department for online courses, please download, complete, and return the "2022 Online In-Service - Agency Enrollment Form" below to [email protected] Our staff will assist with creating accounts and sending agency notifications.
Mandatory courses for Law Enforcement Officers :
Legal Update (4 hrs)
Ethics for Law Enforcement (2 hrs)
Practicing Proactive Wellness (2 hrs)
Domestic Violence (2 hrs)
Creating a Safety Net (2 hrs)
Mandatory courses for Detention Officers :
Ethics for Detention Officer (2 hrs)
Protecting our Resources (2 hrs)
Promoting Career Development and Survival for Detention Officers (2 hrs)
Preserving the Crimescene (2 hrs)
Mandatory course for Telecommunicators :
Stress in the Communications Center(2 hrs)
Duty-related Trauma (2 hrs)
Telecommunicator's Role in Crisis Management (4 hrs)
Ethics for Telecommunicators (2 hrs)
Promoting Career Development and Survival for Telecommunicators (4 hrs)
Topics of Choice for Law Enforcement Officers, Detention Officers, and Telecommunicators :
Incorporating a Co-Response (2 hrs, LE)
Subversive Groups (2 hrs, LE)
Raising the Bar (2 hrs, LE)
Conflict Management (2 hrs, Detention)
Cultural Sensitivity (2 hrs, Detention)
Broadcasting Techniques (2 hrs, Telecommunicators)
Hazardous Materials (2 hrs, all)
Communicable Diseases (2 hrs, all)
Fire Extinguisher Familiarization (2 hrs)
* * * Please see the "Mandated-In-Service-Training-Manual" and "NCJA 2022 Courses" documents provided below to ensure that you are taking ALL of the required courses to maintain your state certification!! There are a few courses that are not available online and must be taught in a traditional classroom setting. * * *
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division