Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
Pitt Community College will be offering 18 courses online for 2020. Each course will run from February 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Please sign up below for the courses that you are interested in taking online.
In order to complete your courses online:
- All NEW PCC students must complete a student data form and return it to [email protected] (downloadable form has been provided below)
- Each student must create a moodle account at https://coned.pittcc.edu/. (If you completed online courses in 2019 with PCC, you do NOT need to create a new account!)
- Please allow up to 4-5 business days for your classes to show up on your moodle dashboard
- Once you begin a course, PLEASE read the COURSE SYLLABUS provided; it contains pertinent information regarding deadlines, requirements, and the steps to follow should you fail a final exam!
- Contact the course facilitator at [email protected] with any questions or concerns while completing your online courses.
- Students will not be able to register for online classes after December 11, 2020.
Law Enforcement officers are required to complete 24 credits.
Deputy Sheriffs are required to complete 24 credits.
Detention Officers are required to complete 16 credits.
Telecommunicators are required to complete 16 credits.
* * * Attention Agency Training Coordinators * * * If your agency is intereseted in signing up your entire department for online courses, please download, complete, and return the "2020 Online In-Service - Agency Enrollment Form" below to [email protected] Our staff will assist with creating accounts and sending agency notifications.
Law Enforcement Officers - Required courses/18 credits: Firearms Training & Qualification (4, not offered online), Legal Update (4), Long-Term Effects of Childhood Adversity (2), The Signs Within: Suicide Prevention and Awareness (2), Career Survival: Training & Standards Issues (2), Communication Strategies When Encountering Persons Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing (2), Armed/Unarmed Security/Company Police: Understanding Their Roles and Authority(2)
Detention Officers - Required courses: Overcoming Negativity in the Detention Center (2), Documenting the Incident Refresher (2), Recognizing Signs of Assaultive Behavior (4)
Telecommunicators - Required courses: Suicide Callers (4), Overcoming Negativity in the Communications Center (2), Processing Calls/Quality Assurance (2), Responding to Domestic Violence Callers (2)
Topics of Choice for Law Enforcement, Detention, and Telecommunicators: Situational Awareness/Subject Control (4, not offered online), Bloodborne Pathogens (2, not offered online), Hazardous Materials (2), Law Enforcement Threat Assessment, Mass Casualty Incident Preparedness Awareness for Telecommunicators (4), Fire Extinguisher Familiarization (2), and Communicable Diseases (2)
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division