Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division
This course will provide participants with information concerning effective leadership in the workplace.
Participants will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with information received during the instructional period:
1. Define and explain the term “management.”
2. Define and explain the term “leadership.”
3. Identify and discuss the seven (7) points that justify the importance of leadership.
4. Describe the ten (10) leadership skills every manager needs to succeed.
5. Define emotional intelligence.
6. Identify and discuss the five (5) components of emotional intelligence.
7. Articulate the eight (8) suggested steps for attaining self-regulation.
8. Discuss the differences between authority and leadership.
9. Compare and contrast Leadership and Management.
10. Identify and explain the seven (7) guidelines that outline the basic view of motivation.
11. Discuss the seven (7) tips for developing a leadership strategy.
12. Describe the actions performed by Level 5 leaders which separate them from the rest of the leaders and senior executives.
Instructor: Wayne Coates
Dates: December 7, 2021
8:00am - 5:00pm EST
PCC LE Training Center, 2096 Central Park Drive, Winterville, NC 28590
|| Pitt Community College Law Enforcement Training Division