Klein Oak Choir Flags Program
Flag Delivery Date - Saturday 05/28/2022 @ 8:00am
Flag Return Date - Saturday 06/04/2022 by 6:00pm
Klein Oak Choir participates with Flag Across Klein, a wonderful fundraiser and community outreach program that delivers American Flags to homes in our community during American holidays throughout the year. You've probably seen the flags in your neighborhood or surrounding communities in the past, and it's truly a wonderful sight to see! This is the ONLY fundraising we will participate in this year. That means no going door to door selling cookies or calling grandparents to purchase magazine subscriptions! We are requiring that every student participates in delivering at least two routes this year.
1. Vehicle large enough to hold 10' flag poles (trucks, minivans, and SUVs work fine)
2. Gloves (if you want)
3. Hammer (only if rebar is needed)
TO DISTRIBUTE A FLAG:
1. Arrive at the Klein Oak Athletic parking lot and look for the large signs with CHOIR on them to pick up your flags and route sheets. Our Ambassadors will be there to assist with loading flags into vehicles on Saturday morning from 8-10am.
2. Once at the homes, find the marker on the curb with the word "FLAG" and arrow pointing in the direction of the PVC pipe (typically in direct line of the front door)
3. NEVER let the flag touch the ground!
4. Remove the rubber band from the flag and unroll the flag (KEEP THE RUBBER BAND!)
5. Place the flag in the hole! You may have to poke around a bit to find it... and be careful! Sometimes the holes are full of water...
Should you see on your route page *Use Rebar*, please make sure you grab however many you may need from the flag trailer. Simply drive the rebar into the ground where it sticks out about 10' or so, then place the flag on top.
TO RETURN A FLAG:
1. Please make sure the flags are dry and neatly RE-ROLL YOUR FLAG, use the rubber bands from before to keep flags rolled.
2. Return the flags back to the trailer at school. Please make sure that the flags are stacked neatly and are lined up straight in the trailer.
3. The flag route sheet then needs to be returned and placed in the RETURNED ROUTES folder inside of the trailer. Don't forget to initial next to your name/route acknowledging that you have indeed returned all flags on your route.
If the flag leans, the inner sleeve is missing, or any other problems arise that we should know about, make sure to note them on the space provided on the distribution sheet. When you return your sheets, we send those notes to the flag company for repairs.
Should you have any questions or need anything, text Mrs. Leal at 979.203.4191. And lastly...THANK YOU, none of this is possible without you and KO Choir truly appreciates you!
Klein Oak High School Athletic Lot