Scandia-Marine Lions Club
The New Member Social + Evening of Service is for all Lions, especially those who have joined the club in the past five years. It also is for community members who are interested in learning more about becoming a Lion.
At the event, you will be able to:
- Meet our club’s newest members.
- Do service projects that help people locally and globally:
o Create 10 activity bags for the Children’s Cancer Research Fund to give to children and teens with cancer. (PEDIATRIC CANCER)
o Transform used t-shirts into diapers for Global Health Ministries which puts them in Newborn Kits. These kits are given to mothers in developing countries as incentives to ensure infants receive proper healthcare. (ENVIRONMENT)
o Make 4 fleece-tied blankets for children with pediatric cancer. (PEDIATRIC CANCER)
o Put together informational packets for an upcoming Type 2 Diabetes Screening & Healthy Cooking Event (DIABETES)
- Bring items that support Lions’ areas of interest:
o Non-perishable food for the Scandia-Marine Food Shelf. (HUNGER)
o Eyeglasses for the Lions Recycle for Sight program. (VISION)
- Enjoy a diabetic-friendly dinner.
- Learn more about Lions Clubs International, the Scandia-Marine Lions Club, and ways you can get involved this year.
Please contact Lion Ann if you have any questions or would like more information at [email protected] .
|| Ann Rinkenberger