Women's Advent by Candlelight
It is good to take time and join with a community for support and prayers and to remind each other of the importance of the season of Advent. A time when we often must make a deliberate effort to create peace and quiet so that we can prepare our hearts for the coming of the newborn child, Christ.
Thank you for hostessing a table this year!!! We are blessed to have you and your guests attending!!
This year the event runs from 5-8:30pm followed by time to socialize after the event from 8:30-9pm.
All you need to bring is an Advent Wreath to put in the center of your table. However, many hostesses have appetizers and wine for their table supplied by the hostess or their guests.
The evening will include dinner, a presentation and singing. This year there will be time after the event until 9pm to stay and visit with each other.
Please come to set your table between 9pm Saturday night until 3pm Sunday afternoon. If you come earlier than 9pm Saturday, you will be part of the decorating crew!! If you come later than 3pm on Sunday, we will send you to help in the kitchen.
All hostesses are asked to volunteer for the event in some way . We will call you after we receive your table registration to get your volunteer preference.
- DECORATING - Saturday, 12/1 from 7-9 PM
- KITCHEN HELP - Sunday from 3-5 PM
- PROVIDE A SERVER - Sunday from 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM. We need servers (husbands or mature junior high or high school students) to refill pitchers of water, refill food trays, serve coffee, serve dessert and clear tables. The helpers are asked to wear khaki or black pants and white shirt or something similar. They are asked to arrive at 4:30 to the kitchen for instructions and are free to leave when the presentation begins somewhere between 6-6:30 PM.
- LAUNDER TABLE CLOTHES - pick up table clothes at 9:15 PM after the event, return them by Friday 12/7 noon to the parish office
- GYM CLEAN UP - Sunday from 9-9:30 PM
- KITCHEN CLEAN UP - Sunday from 9-9:45 PM
Please personally invite guests to fill your table. Do not mass email a group. St. Max is paying for this entire event and an accurate head count is important.
Please send a reminder to each of your guests 10 days before the event asking them to confirm their spot.
Notify the office of any changes to your table count 7 days before the event so that the correct amount of food can be ordered.
5:00pm - 9:00pm EST
|| Marlene Doughman