Interfaith Outreach Supporters
Students, parents and teachers are all preparing for another unique school year with the challenges brought by COVID-19. One thing we know for certain is that students need supplies to support their learning, whether in the classroom or learning from home. With your help, Interfaith Outreach's Back to School program will ensure that nearly 800 local students have the supplies they need to learn this fall!
Sign up below to purchase supplies, carefully pack up and then deliver grade-specific Back to School Bags for youth from low-income households.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
1) Sign up here confirming which bags you will be donating, selecting both the grade and the quantity.
2) Purchase or collect the items needed for each bag. Note, all supplies must be new.
3) On the outside of a sturdy paper grocery bag use a bold black marker to write "K-1" if you're packing a Kindergarten-1st grade Bag or "HS" if you're packing a High School bag.
4) Pack up the bag according to this exact list. It's important that each bag is equal and the same to ensure equitable service to each child.
Kindergarten-1st Grade Bags should inlude the following:
- 1 individual 1-inch binder (solid colors only)
- 1 box of colored pencils, 12 count
- 2 boxes of crayons, 24 count
- 1 individual dry erase markers
- 2 large erasers
- 4 pocket folders, paper or plastic (solid colors only)
- 7 individual glue sticks (smaller size)
- 1 box of markers, 10 count
- 1 individual pencil box (solid colors only)
- 2 boxes of #2 pencils, 12 count per box
- 1 blunt scissor
- 1 container of watercolors, 8 colors
- 2 wide ruled spiral notebooks (solid colors)
High School Bags should include the following:
- 1 individual 1.5-inch binder (solid colors only)
- 1 College Ruled composition notebook
- 1 package of College Ruled looseleaf paper
- 6 College Ruled spiral notebooks
- 1 package (5 count) of dividers for a 3-ring binder
- 6 pocket folders, paper or plastic (solid colors only)
- 1 package of graph paper, 1/4 inch rule
- 4 individual highlighters
- 1 package of index cards, 3X5 inch, lined
- 15 mechanical pencils (please bundle with a rubberband if they're not in a package)
- 15 black or blue ink pens (please bundle with a rubberband if they're not in a package)
- 1 red ink pen
5) Deliver the labeled, filled bags to Interfaith Outreach on Thursday, August 13 between 9 am-1 pm.
Interested in donating general supplies instead? Visit iocp.org/backtoschool for more information.
9:00am - 1:00pm CDT
Interfaith Outreach, 1605 County Road 101 N, Plymouth, MN 55447
|| Liz Erstad-Hicks