Interfaith Outreach Supporters
Local families have been hit hard by COVID-19 and its impact on household budgets poses risks to the health of children in our community. Children are home more and burning lots of calories through play this summer. With that in mind, Interfaith Outreach plans to increase the amount of food we provide to families with children who visit our drive-up food shelf. Thank you for your help in donating Summer Food Bags for Kids in response to this emerging family need.
Here's how it works:
1) Sign up here for the date that works for you (this means you will deliver the completed bags on this date to Interfaith Outreach).
2) Select how many bags you and/or your group can fund. This involves the purchasing of the items and the packing up of each bag.
3) Purchase items and pack items into a plastic grocery bag.
- On the outside of each plastic grocery bag mark "Summer Food Bags for Kids" in bold letters with a permanent marker or with a sticker label.
- Each bag should include:
- 10 Protein Snacks (individually packaged). Choose from the following:
- Cashews or Almonds
- Turkey Jerky (no pork)
- Shelf-stable yogurt cups or pouches
- Shelf-stable hummus cups
- Shelf-stable cheese sticks or mini babybels
- 10 Fruit Snacks (individually packaged). Choose from the following:
- Applesauce cups or squeeze pouches
- Fruit cups
- Fruit leathers
- 10 General Snack Items (individually packaged). Choose from the following:
- Granola bars
- Fig Bars
- Rice Rollups
- Mini bags of popcorn
- Rice Cakes
- 10 Juice Boxes (100% juice)
4) Tie the bag in a knot so no items fall out and they can easily be stored in a large tote.
5) Deliver the bags to Interfaith Outreach during the specific timeframe you signed up for. We do not have staff available to accept at other times.
Thank you for stepping up to meet this unique community need this summer. We appreciate your generosity and care for our community!
Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners, 1605 Cty Rd. 101 N, Plymouth, MN 55447
|| Liz Erstad-Hicks