Workhouse Arts Center
Join the Workhouse Arts Center as we present our 2019 Haunted Trail
We are excited and eager to begin the 2019 spooky season with a new twist to our haunted trail! This year’s theme will be based on a prison breakout (no better place than an actual, old and scary prison, right?!). We need dedicated volunteers to help make this event successful, scary, terrifying and memorable!
Below are the volunteer roles as well as the information for paid and service hour positions!
All participants MUST BE 16 YEARS OR OLDER!
- If you are intersted in assisting with the build process for the haunt or learning more about what goes into building and constructing various aspects of the haunt, please email Elena Romanova at [email protected]
- You will provide on-the-trail entertainment, dressed up as various characters. Perhaps the most exciting volunteer role, these individuals make the haunt experience unforgettable.
- Scare Actors must attend a mandatory Scare Actor training and orientation session on either the afternoon of Sunday, 9/15/2019, or Sunday 9/22/2019 at 2pm in the Muse Gallery at the Workhouse.
- Makeup artists are responsible for making our characters look gruesome and scary. Some experience is preferred for makeup application and costume support.
- Make-up Artists must attend a mandatory orientation session on either the afternoon of Sunday, 9/15/2019 or Saturday, 9/22/2019 at the Workhouse (time and location TBD).
- Ticketing staff is responsible for selling and collecting tickets and letting guests enter the designated area.
- Ticketing Staff must attend a mandatory orientation session on either the afternoon of Sunday 9/15/2019, or Saturday 9/22/2019 at the Workhouse (time and location TBD).
Please note: Signing up for ticketing staff and scare actor IS NOT POSSIBLE due to timing but you can sign up for make-up artist and scare actor.
- Scare Actors, Make-Up Artists, and Ticketing Staff must be at least 16 years old.
- All are eligible to be paid $40/night if they commit to working 10 total nights, including all Saturdays of the season.
- Students can also earn service hours for the nights worked. Verification can be sent via official letter or through service hour websites such as X2Vol. All letter requests must be made within a week of your last shift. Website confirmation must be sent to Elena Romanova at [email protected]
- Groups from theatre, art clubs, scout groups, or non-profit groups are eligible to earn a total of $1,000 for their group/club if they provide at least 8 volunteers for a total of 10 nights, including all Saturdays of the season.
Dates of event:
October 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, and 31
Fridays and Saturdays the trail will run from 7-11:00 p.m.
Sundays and Halloween night (Thursday) will run from 7-10:00 p.m.
Workhouse Arts Center
9518 Workhouse Rd, Lorton, VA 22079