St. Anthony of Padua Parish
“40 Hours” devotions refers to a period of 3 days of Eucharistic Devotions. During these days, parishes provide extended periods of Eucharistic Adoration, as well as offer additional opportunities for public and private devotion. Typically, these devotions are led by a priest or deacon.
Our devotions this year will be led by Father Anthony Rossi, Parochial Vicar of Saint Joseph Parish in Downingtown, PA. Father was ordained in 2009 for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, and is originally from St. John of the Cross Parish in Roslyn. He is also a graduate of Bishop McDevitt High School, Class of 2000.
On Sunday, January 27, 2019, Father Rossi will celebrate and preach the 11:15 AM Mass to begin our devotions. At the conclusion of Mass, the Eucharist will be exposed, and we will keep the Church open for Adoration throughout the afternoon and evening. Throughout the three days, Parish groups and individual parishioners will be encouraged to commit to 30 or 60 minute time slots for adoration. At 7:00 PM each evening, Evening Prayer will be prayed in Church, and Father Rossi will preach a homily. Following Evening Prayer, we will conclude with Benediction. On Monday & Tuesday, Adoration will resume following the 8:15 AM Masses and will continue throughout the day until Evening Prayer at 7:00 PM, when Evening Prayer will be prayed once again in Church, and Fr. Rossi will preach another Homily. On Tuesday we will once again follow the same schedule, but during Evening Prayer we will conclude our devotions with a procession around the inside of the Church, and a litany of the Eucharist. A sign up sheet will be available both in the Narthex and online for parishioners to commit to half hour and full hour time slots for Adoration
40 Hours Adoration Signup
- Time slots are broken up into half hour increments. You are welcome to sign up for individual or concurrent time slots. Whatever commitment you can make is appreciated.
- Please help us ensure that there are no open time slots so the Blessed Sacrament is not exposed with no one in Church! If you cannot make your commitment, please check to see if anyone else has signed up for that slot and contact them if possible to ensure that time slot is satisfied. If not, please email Fr. Paolino at the Parish Office: [email protected]
- If you sign up but cannot keep your commitment, please contact someone to fill your slot, or make sure that there will be at least one person in Church during that time.
- Please help encourage other parishioners to join you! You are welcome to sign up in groups as well as individuals.
- Try getting your family, neighbors, or a ministry or service group in the Parish that you are a part of to sign up with you.
- Please join us each evening at 7:00 PM for Evening Prayer and a Homily from our presider, Father Anthony Rossi.
- Tuesday Evening, we will have our Concluding Evening Prayer and Procession inside the Church. Please make a special effort to join us!
St. Anthony of Padua Parish; 259 Forest Avenue, Ambler, PA 19002