Central Oregon Great Giveaway
VOLUNTEER SIGN UP
Thursday, Aug 8 - Saturday, Aug 10, 2019
This year's available times for signing up are:
- Thursday, August 8, 2019: Noon - 8:00 pm (receiving and sorting donations)
- Friday, August 9, 2019: Noon - 8:00 pm (receiving and sorting donations)
- Saturday, August 10, 2019: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (helping the public and event clean-up)
The location of the 2019 Central Oregon Great Giveaway will be:
2555 NW Shevlin Park Rd., Bend, 97702
For more information, please visit: www.cogga.net
For a list of acceptable and unacceptable donations, please download it from the attachment below.
and like us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/COGreatGiveaway
Please note when signing up:
People AGES 10 & UP are needed for each blocked period of time (so if you see blocks filling up and can help fill an empty block, please do so). If folks can only work for part time during any given block, or there is anything additional that should be added, please use the "Additional Comments" section.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME AND INVITED TO HELP!
- If you are signing up as a family or group, please indicate how many in your group or family.
- If you are able to speak another language, please indicate which language (this is especially helpful on Saturday).
- LDS Members please enter your ward & if you are a priesthood holder / there is a priesthood holder in your group.
- Non-LDS volunteers, please enter your organization or group (if you would like - it is not necessary, as this is a non-denominational event, we would like to recognize everyone's hard work and efforts).
- Volunteers working on Saturday during the first block should arrive 15 minutes early and park on the West side of the building.
- The last block on Saturday is for clean-up and we need help with both the COGGA clean-up and building clean-up (there may be a need for some lifting of 50 lbs and up).
Volunteers will not be able to take, set-aside, or mark donations for themselves or others and may not take donations until Saturday morning with the rest of the community.
This is a community service event! Please invite friends, family, neighbors, and everyone you know! This is not only a great opportunity for those in need to be helped, but for all of us to help serve our fellow brothers and sisters!
NOTICE: Please note that we are trying to standardize sign ups for our records. It would be appreciated if you could use the following:
- First and last name (even if coming as a family).
- Separate individuals, please sign up separately.
- Phone number formatting: 541-XXX-XXXX
- We will be using automated text messaging to reach out to you with reminders. Your information is confidential and we use the services of signupgenius.com to ensure that your information remains confidential. Please identify whether your phone is mobile or not. This is crucial in making sure reminders go out (and that is the same for individuals who log in and sign up with their own account).
- LDS members, please use the following ward names: MB (Mt. Bachelor), CC (Cascade Crest), HD (High Desert), MV (Mountain View), L (Lapine), R (Redmond)
- An email address is very helpful as automated emails will be sent out as reminders only. Again, this information is maintained confidential.
- Ward Reps: Please make sure that if you are signing someone up or swapping a spot, that you attempt to select people from the existing database to avoid duplicates.
- Please only capitalize the first letter of formal names and do not use all caps or all lower case letters.
THANK YOU to everyone for all your efforts in using this electronic sign up. Technology is a wonderful thing and can make planning events like this one far easier and more productive when we use the tool, the right way!
2555 NW Shevlin Park Rd
|| Great Giveaway