Sunday, October 18, 2020
Click on an available slot below to sign up. Worship reservations are due by Thursday, October 15 at 1:00 p.m. If you are unable to attend after making a reservation, please either remove your name from the sign up or contact the church office at 601-353- 9691, so we can update availability information. Limited Nursery Is Available(6 limit - ages 8 weeks to 1 year old) (10 limit - ages 1 - 4 years old)
Please review the required safety measures before making your onsite worship reservation.
ENTERING THROUGH THE CHAPEL
• Access to worship available through Chapel, off Congress Street
• Temperatures will be checked and questions presenting symptoms asked
• Masks are required at all times
• Pick up your own bulletin while keeping a safe distance (6 to 8ft apart).
• Sign in registered nursery children in the Gathering Area – Nursery workers will escort your child to the Nursery in the Children’s Wing
• An usher will escort adults and children to a safely-distanced seat in the sanctuary.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
EXITING THE SANCTUARY
• After the service, please sit and enjoy the postlude – an usher will escort you out through the sanctuary steps.
• If you have children in the nursey, an usher will escort you to the Gathering Area to pick up your child.
Coming Back to Worship
If you answer yes to any of the questions below, we strongly encourage you to worship with us online or on WAPT.
• Is anyone showing any flu-like symptoms?
• Has anyone had a fever of 99° or higher in the past 14 days?
• Has anyone been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
• Are there any medical reasons why I believe anyone in my group shouldn't be around others?
Galloway’s Covid Response Team encourages you to decide when to come back to church.
Those over 65 should think carefully and weigh the inherent risks.
It may be wiser for you to continue to worship with us on WAPT,
or online with Galloway’s livestream https://livestream.com/gallowayumc at 11:00 a.m.
1. Is nursery provided? Yes. Reservations for Nursery are required on the Worship Reservations Sign Up link; children are also welcome to sit with their parents.
2. Will we have Eucharist? Eucharist will be celebrated on the first Sunday of each month using prefilled communion cups with both the wafer and juice. An unleavened wafer under the top seal. The second seal reveals the grape juice. Instructions will be given in the service.
3. How many services are there? We will have one service at 11:00 a.m.
4. Are Sunday School Classes meeting in the building? We are not resuming Sunday School in the building, but encourage the continuation of online gatherings.
5. Can I come to a service if I do not have a reservation? Walk-ins will be welcome in the service if safe seating is available.
6. What if I'm unable to attend after I make a reservation? If you are not be able to attend, please either remove your name from the sign up or contact the church office at 601-353- 9691, to allow us to update availability information.
7. Will there be an offertory? Offering plates will be placed at the entrances and exits of the sanctuary.
ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO GIVE:
• online giving at www.gallowayumc.org
• Snail Mail to “Galloway UMC, 305 North Congress Street, Jackson, MS 39201”
• Contact Sherry Russum at 601-326-3441 or [email protected] to set up a bank draft.
8. Will the restrooms be available? Yes, on the 2nd floor. One person at a time.
9. Will the balcony be open for seating? No. The balcony is reserved for the Chancel Choir.
11:00am - 12:00pm CDT
Galloway Memorial United Methodist Church
305 N Congress St, Jackson, MS 39201
|| Caroline Smith