Sunday, September 20, 2020
Click on an available slot below to sign up. Reservations are due on Thursday, September 17th at 1:00 p.m. If you are not be able to attend after making a reservation, please either remove your name from the sign up or contact the church office at 601-353- 9691, so we can update availability information. For this Sunday, we will limit congregation attendance to 50, in addition to singers, preachers, and liturgists. As transmission rates trend downward, we will open more seating.
Please review the required safety measures before making your onsite worship reservation.
ENTERING THROUGH THE CHAPEL
• Access to worship is available through the Chapel, off Congress Street.
• A volunteer will meet you, take your temperature, and ask if you have
any presenting symptoms.
• Masks are required at all times- if you do not have a mask-one will be provided.
• Pick up your own bulletin and keep a safe distance (6 to 8ft apart).
• An usher will escort you to a safely-distanced seat.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
EXITING THE SANCTUARY
• After the service, please remain seated and enjoy the postlude.
• An usher will escort you out of the sanctuary.
Coming Back to Worship
If you answer yes to any of the questions below,
we strongly encourage you to worship with us online or on WAPT.
• Is anyone showing any flu-like symptoms?
• Has anyone had a fever of 99° or higher in the past 14 days?
• Has anyone been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
• Are there any medical reasons why I believe anyone in my group shouldn’t be around others?
Galloway’s Covid Response Team encourages you to decide when to come back to church.
Those over 65 should think carefully and weigh the inherent risks. It may be wiser for you to continue to worship with us on WAPT, or online with Galloway’s livestream
https://livestream.com/gallowayumc at 11:00 a.m.
1. Is nursery provided?
We are unable to provide a nursery at this stage; children are welcome to sit with their parents.
2. Will we have Eucharist?
Eucharist will not be celebrated.
3. How many services are there?
We will have one service at 11:00 a.m.
4. Are Sunday School Classes meeting in the building?
We are not resuming Sunday School in the building, but encourage the continuance of online gatherings.
5. Can I come to a service if I do not have a reservation?
Walk-ins will be welcome in the service if safe seating is available.
6. What if I’m unable to attend after I make a reservation?
If you are not be able to attend, please either remove your name from the sign up or contact the church office at 601-353- 9691, so we can update availability information.
7. Will there be an offertory?
Offering plates will be placed at the entrances and exits of the sanctuary.
ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO GIVE:
• online giving at www.gallowayumc.org
• Snail Mail to “Galloway UMC, 305 North Congress Street, Jackson, MS 39201”
• Contact Sherry Russum at 601-326-3441 or sr[email protected] to set up a bank draft.
8. Will the restrooms be available?
Yes, on the 2nd floor. One person at a time.
9. Will the balcony be open for seating?
No. The balcony is reserved for the Chancel Choir.
11:00am - 12:00pm CDT
Galloway Memorial United Methodist Church
305 N Congress St, Jackson, MS 39201
|| Caroline Smith