Welcome to the 2019 Tampa Bay Labor Day Tournament Volunteer Sign-Up Page.
FIRST COME FIRST SERVE! Don't miss that perfect shift for your schedule! But please only sign up for shifts that you are absolutely committing to work. This is the largest club fundraiser and each volunteer role is very important. We can't do it without you!! No shows are just not an option.
Please sign up for your desired shift(s) by clicking on the corresponding "Sign Up" buttons. All shifts will be at the Premier Sports Complex (PSC) in Lakewood Ranch (5895 Post Blvd, Lakewood Ranch, FL 342111).
DURING THE TOURNAMENT . . . ALL volunteers must check in at the Volunteer Tent before the beginning of your shift AND again at the end of your shift (to get your Volunteer Log signed). The Volunteer Tent will be located just to the west of the west-side stadium bleachers.
You will also need to have a Volunteer tracking form signed at the end of your shift(s) to get credit for your volunteer time. Competitive Families, remember you must work 10 hours in order to receive your $100 reimbursement AND you must submit a signed Volunteer Log Form.
CLICK HERE> to access the 2019-2020 Volunteer Log Form https://chargerssoccer.demosphere-secure.com/_files/forms/VolunteerLogForm2019-20.pdf
Here are brief descriptions of the tournament volunteer roles:
- Pre-Tournament Set-up: This role is to help with the field set up in preparation for the tournament. You will need to be physically capable & have basic strength for this job. Note: you may want to wear sunscreen and a hat and bring a lunch and lots of water.
- Parking Lot Assist: This role will assist the many Officers that have been hired to direct traffic in and out of the complex. It is suggested that you wear sunscreen and a hat. Bringing rain gear along might be a good idea.
- Volunteer Tent: This role is to check in and out all volunteers. You are responsible for signing their forms and referring them to their proper volunteer area with a description of their job. You will also be answering general questions, directing spectators to the correct field and anything else that comes your way. This place is a bit of a 'catch-all'
- Quad Assist: These assistants are an office Admin assistant out in the field.
- Field Marshal: This role is to be the extra set of eyes of the activity around a set of assigned fields. After checking in at the Volunteer tent you will be directed to a pre-determined Quad tent where you MUST sign in the with your Quad Leader who will issue you a vest and a radio. The radio is in case of a missing child, red card, unruly parent or coach or out of control spectator. The radio is also in case of weather delays. You will also be responsible for players, coaches, and spectators cleaning up after themselves. If they don't do it you must do it. Also, VERY IMPORTANT...no umbrellas or stakes are to be 'stabbed' into the ground. We have an underground drainage system and this can be very bad for it. Your Quad leader needs to know who you are in the event of an issue.
- Cart Driver: MUST be over 21 years old for this role which is to drive a golf cart around a complex loop picking up spectators and player that are in need of assistance. This is not a door-to-door service.
- Gatorade/Water Help: This role will assist the tournament staff to stock Gatorade product & water throughout the complex.
- Garbage & Misc.: This role is to help pick up trash, empty trashcans & other misc. tasks.
- Nike Gear Tent Assist: This role will assist the club staff selling this Nike gear at greatly discounted prices under a tent in the vendor area. We will be selling/tagged new Nike gear (from prior seasons – some Charger logo’d & some with no club logos).
Premier Sports Campus, Lakewood Ranch
|| Chargers Soccer (Gayle Brennan)