Join us as we #BuildforBetter!
Habitat for Humanity of San Antonio is partnering again with you to build another affordable home for a hardworking family in need and we need your help!
There are three specific types of volunteer slots available, so take a look at the various opportunities and how they might align with your interests, giftings, and availability.
- Construction volunteers must be ages 14+, but can be as young as 12 on “Landscaping Day” (11/13/21)
- Volunteers are required to be on-site from 7:45AM – 3:30PM
- All tools and training are provided – no experience necessary.
- All construction volunteers are required to fill out one waiver per year, and are encouraged to complete a volunteer survey each time they serve.
- Provide 30 individual lunches – either purchased or prepared – in single-serving containers. Please also include all necessary serving utensils, plates, napkins, flatware, etc.
- Individuals of all ages are welcome to shop, prepare for, and serve lunches.
- Gloves will be required of anyone serving
- Please arrive on-site no later than 10:45 so lunch can be served at the sponsored house at 11:00AM.
- When signing up, the name and cell phone of the person delivering must be listed
- Providing 10 lunches count for 8 community service hours (or providing all 30 would count for 24 hours)
Press Passes (optional)
- “Press Passes” are available for any individual who would like to visit the build site for up to 2 hours to take pictures, take video, and post “lives” on social media on behalf of the house sponsor.
- Individuals who volunteer in a “Press Pass” role must not participate in construction duties unless they have received the safety training at the beginning of the day
- “Press Pass” roles must still fill out a volunteer waiver
- This role is perfect for the social-media and tech savvy individual!
- Sign up if you are interested in providing some quick and easy breakfast options, such as coffee, juices, donuts, granola bars, etc. (please do not bring foods that require sitting down or utensils to eat, such as eggs or biscuits and gravy)
- Breakfasts are entirely optional, and because are of a lower priority than lunches can only be signed-up for if lunches have already been signed up for
- Someone who has signed up as a construction volunteer may also sign-up to bring breakfasts, as long as they do not leave the build-site after construction work has begun.
Check out the attachments below for more details. Please remember closed-toed shoes are required on site, and do not enter the build site if you are experiencing symptoms of illness. We also recommend bringing your favorite water bottle to reduce waste on-site.
If we are anticipating inclement weather you can check weather updates in one of these places the night before and beginning at 6:15 am on the morning of the build:
By registering with your email, you will get reminders and special notices about this build, including last-minute construction updates if there are changes due to weather.
adult waiver.pdf (78KB pdf)
minor waiver.pdf (82KB pdf)
Typical Construction Day pg 6.pdf (122KB pdf)
Rancho Carlota Driving Directions 2.pdf (365KB pdf)
|| Bethany Thomas