Valley Ranch Baptist Church provides food and volunteers on the first Thursday of every month to provide a hot meal through Cornerstone Baptist Church for homeless individuals in the Fair Park area of Dallas. The meal is prepared at VRBC that morning starting at 9:00. We leave VRBC at approximately 10:15 to take the food to Cornerstone. Additional cooking and preparations occur at Cornerstone starting at approximately 11:00. The meal is served at approximately 12:15 PM and we are usually finished between 1:00-1:30.
If you wish to caravan to Cornerstone, please meet the group at the VRBC kitchen no later than 10:00.
The physical address of Cornerstone Kitchen is 2815 South Ervay, Dallas, TX 75215. The kitchen is marked as "building 3" and is located at the intersection of Al Lipscomb Way (formerly Grand Ave.) & Ervay in Dallas, next to the apartment building by the old Cornerstone Baptist Church building at 2815 South Ervay, Dallas, TX.
This particular service opportunity is best suited to adults and children over the age of 15.
Also, hair nets are required while serving at Cornerstone, but you may bring a hat/cap to wear instead.
UPDATE 6-1-2020 - PLEASE NOTE THE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO FOLLOW DURING COVID-19:
- Face Mask - please bring and wear a mask at all times when you are in the building
- Gloves - gloves will be provided and should be worn when preparing and serving food
- Wash Hands - please wash hands frequently, including before and after serving
- 6-foot Distancing - please maintain a distance of six feet from any other volunteers (except those in your household) whenever possible
- Limited Building Use - when finished, please exit the building, where you are free to wait outside for others to finish
- PLEASE NOTE: When serving food at Cornerstone, please be aware that 6-foot distancing may not always be possible. Volunteers may be asked to stand side-by-side to serve and plate food buffet-style. To protect volunteers, masks are provided to those who are receiving food.
|| Valley Ranch Baptist Church