Christ's Kids Volunteers
We’ve had several youth recently share their interest in serving in our nursery. We are so grateful for our youth volunteers who help in the nursery as the youth are amazing at engaging our children in play and helping the worship time fly by for the young kids!
Here are a few things for our youth to keep in mind as you serve:
- Only one youth can serve at a time. Please sign up ahead of time for the date you can serve. Please arrive at the start of the service.
- Youth serve alongside our two adults. You don’t replace an adult helper.
- You should never be alone with a child or children.
- If there is only one adult and no children in the nursery when you arrive, please leave the nursery and return when both adults are present. (The exception to this rule is that if your parent is the adult helper, you are welcome to wait in the nursery with them)
- If no children arrive, you can leave after the opening prayer to go back to worship.
- When families come in, take time to say hi to the child and the parents. The adult helpers will do all the explanations and help them sign in, but you should smile and greet the parents so they know who you are and that you are there to help in the nursery.
- Great news! Youth are not permitted to help with diaper changes or bathroom breaks. You can leave those to the adult helpers. But please do help children wash hands at the sink, hand out snacks, and greet parents.
- Worship is essential, and we hope that on weeks when you aren't volunteering in the nursery that you are attending in the sanctuary.
Please sign up below for services that you would like to serve.
If you have any questions about serving, please let me know!
|| Tawny Bernhardt