The public and informal ‘pick-up’ ultimate frisbee game in Hershey will be putting in place the ground rules listed below until further notice, If you are not willing to abide by these rules, you will not be permitted to play:
With Dauphin County in Green Status, but recognizing that while the ‘curve has been flattened,’ Covid still remains a significant threat, the following practices / rules will be enacted to enhance safety. Everyone is playing ‘at their own risk’ and understands that while these ground rules will help lessen the risk, there is still a significant risk of infection.
1. I will wear a mask when within 6 feet of the field of play or another person, including before, during and after games, but players are not required to wear a mask while playing. On defense, when marking the disc, I will remain 6 to 8 feet away from the thrower.
2. I will sanitize my hands before playing and when I leave the playing field and before I return to the playing field.
3. I will bring my own water. I will not share water with teammates outside of my household.
4. I will survey my symptoms on game day and ensure my temperature is below 100.4 degrees. I will stay home when I am feeling sick or:
Have had of the following symptoms in the past 14 days
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever or chills
- New loss of taste or smell
OR, at least two (2) of the following symptoms:
- Congestion or runny nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- New rash
5. I will stay home if I think I have been exposed to Covid or if someone in my household has been in close contact with someone with Covid. I will not return to playing until I’m sure I’m clear of Covid exposure and am not a potential asymptomatic spreader.
6. I will help sanitize equipment (game disc) before the game, at halftime, and at the end of the game.
7. I will commit to keeping myself and other players accountable to these expectations.
8. I will commit to having a positive attitude and to respecting those enforcing the rules.
THE RULE: Show up if you sign up.
SCROLL DOWN TO SIGN UP TO PLAY!
Please arrive at on time and be warmed-up and ready to go - we start on time.
Limited to first 16 to ensure we can get a good run in (max 7v7 with a sub).
Some of our rules and norms…
- We are here to get a safe, fun and efficient workout
- There will be inadvertent contact – but all players should be under control, aware and seek to avoid contact at all costs
- It is a foul if you initiate contact on a receiver – do not make a play on the disc if you cannot do so without risking contact
- If fouled, call a foul – don’t feel bad about it
- If you want to dispute, dispute it and we take it over
- Stay under control and aware of your surroundings!
- We play arm's length distance from thrower to encourage new players
- Let the two players involved in the play make the call / no call
- It is fun to make a good play or score a goal – on a 50/50 call, reward the good play
- During mid-April to mid-Oct games are outdoors in Hershey, at very very nice grass fields.
- During the winter we play INDOORS at IN THE NET in Palmyra.
|| Pick-Up Frisbee