FUMC will be joining area Methodist churches for the 2019 Habitat Methodist Build at 7220 Boyle Dr (east of 183, near Loyola Ln & Johnny Morris Rd). Our commitment includes a fundraising goal of $7,500, along with providing ten volunteers for the following Saturdays: 3/16, 4/13, and 5/4.
Volunteers must be 16 or older (ages 16-17 must be accompanied by an adult age 21+ who will work alongside the youth). No prior experience required.
TO DO BEFORE THE WORKDAY (sooner is better):
All volunteers MUST register with Austin Habitat's website (https://austinhabitat.volunteerhub.com/lp/firstumcaustin/), and complete the online waiver of liability and safety course. Please complete all of this ASAP, as this enables Habitat to plan for the number of volunteers we will have this Saturday, including tools, tasks, supervision, meals, etc.
1) Sign up for the date(s) you are volunteering. (You will need to create an Austin Habitat account at this point, if you do not already have one)
2) Read the Volunteer Orientation page for information about volunteering, including a schedule for the day, what to bring. etc.
3) Complete the Online Safety Training. The name of the course you are required to complete is called "Volunteering On A Habitat for Humanity Job Site". I was able to use the navigation menu to click through the slides, but there is a quiz at the end, so pay attention :-)
ON YOUR WORKDAY - 7:45 am-4:00 pm
- Please arrive at 7220 Boyle Drive, Austin TX 78724 by 7:45am to check in. When you enter the neighborhood, a Habitat volunteer will be there to direct you the area for parking. If you are bringing your own tools, they may permit you to pull up to the work site to drop off tools before you park.
- Dress appropriately - close-toed shoes/boots, long sleeves and long pants. Bring a hat if it's sunny, layer up if it's cold. Also bring a reusable water bottle. Lunch will be provided.
Questions? Contact Terri Purdy if you have questions or would like to make a donation towards the build: [email protected]